Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cingular Minutes Minder 0.5

Well version numbers don't really mean anything, but I'm halfway to a 1.0 release! I think I'm actually a lot closer than that. I've gotten pretty much everything done that I had hoped to have done. My two main goals were to create a solid extension that works for the majority of people and to get it up on the official addons site. I've acheived both of those goals with this bug fix release.

This release should fix the SMS/text messaging problem people where having, someone let me know it's working for them. Thanks to Steve for finding and fixing the bug for me. Also, I've increased the automatic check time of the extension to 1 hour. I don't want the extension bombarding Cingular and they really don't update their information more often than that anyway. Let me know how this one works for you.

8 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

works like a champ for me boss. that steve must be a pretty cool guy, haha. btw, my coworkers request family plan features as well :-) they love the hell out of this thing.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Matt Zollinhofer said...

cool, good to hear...that steve guy is alright :-). I'm looking forward to getting the family plan implemented, seems like the most requested feature. Two more classes and I'm out! (and then another project :-\)

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been getting text messages since this morning. When I IM from AIM it says Auto response from {personal content edited to prevent spam}: Your message could not be delivered. HELP!!!! PLEASE

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance we can add support for those of us with an additional security key/pass code that is prompted for on an additional screen after the initial OLAM login?

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't noticed any other comments regarding these:

* It doesn't show up in my extensions list,
* Can it be uninstalled?
* The preferences/options window is smaller than it's contents - I can't get to all the buttons.

Help?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Matt Zollinhofer said...

anon: about your first two comments. I have to say that is a new one. The extension has always shown up on my extension's list. I didn't think it was possible to install a Firefox extension/addon and not have it show up. Maybe you're using an old version of firefox? I don't exactly know what to tell you, but if you want to manually uninstall it, this site should be helpful: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_Uninstall_Extensions#Uninstalling_in_other_versions.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Matt Zollinhofer said...

anon: Well that link didn't seem to paste cleanly, so here it is again, but shorter: http://tinyurl.com/2n3c53 or search google for "manually uninstall firefox extension" it should be the first link.

About your last comment, the preferences window does need some work, which version of Firefox are you running and on what platform. I noticed that the pref window is notably different on OS X that I develop on than on WinXP at work. Either way, it should be resizeable so you can adjust it as needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home