Friday, November 03, 2006

All in the Family (Plan)

I've had a number of people post comments and email me directly asking about support for family plans. Given the number of people asking about it, I'm going to make it one of the top 2 or 3 things I do when I start working on new features again (January). Which means, if it can be done reasonably, it'll get done.

In the meantime, I'd love some ideas from you guys about how the display of family plans would go. Would that be a third option in the prefs (anytime, text, family)? Would you like to see something like 243 Anytime Minutes Remaining/562 Family Plan Minutes Remaining (243/562 in non-verbose mode)? Those are my first two thoughts. I don't have a family, you know orphaned at 3 and all (not true even a little, I have a hugely supportive Mom and Dad, and a brother who's alright too). But I do not have a family plan. So, your suggestions for the usability would go a long way.

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to just see the # of minutes left in total on the family plan (i.e. non-night/weekend, non-M2M minutes we have in total). Anything else is interesting but that's really the only number I care about...

Thanks!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you've got the right idea with the display. putting it under preferences, and then displaying "243 Anytime Minutes Remaining/562 Family Plan Minutes Remaining (243/562 in non-verbose mode)." that would be perfect! most M2M and nights and weekends are just unlimited so those don't even need to be displayed.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Jason Opp said...

I agree with the first two posts. My main concern is knowing when I need to 'cool it' on minutes, to avoid 'going over'. This extension is on the right track.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would request that it's formatted like you see on the site, you can see how many minutes this number has used and how many the group has used. That way you would know how many the group has left.

I would be cool also to show the different lines on that account and how many each had used as well, if that is possible.

Really like the plugin!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on my family plan, all minutes are combined for the family users, so all that is needed is the total remaining anytime minutes for the plan

And--maybe the number of minutes in the plan (assuming someone has forgotten), so they can assess how far to overcharging they are if the burn rate continues.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most important thing to know is anytime minutes left on the entire account--not by phone number. Cingular gives all stats by each phone number, but that doesn't help you to know when to conserve remaining minutes.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how the extension gets the information for how many minutes you have left but it would be nice if you could show minute usage for both(all) users on the plan. With Cingular it lets you set a name for each number. If you could do that it would be cool. If it would be too difficult to do this you could always implement some sort of multiuser login so that you can display data for all accounts and based on the total usage of each individual user you could come up with the remaining minutes

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to see
"Mins. I used/Mins. group used"
in the used column

and

total family minutes remaning
in the remaining column

 

Post a Comment

<< Home